Your Most Important Relationship
1. Melinda Beck, “Helping Kids Beat Depression . . . by Treating Mom,” Wall Street Journal, online ed., May 17, 2011, http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703421204576327192431250306.html.
2. Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection (Center City, MN: Hazelden, 2010).
3. James Baraz and Shoshana Alexander, Awakening Joy: 10 Steps That Will Put You on the Road to Real Happiness (New York: Bantam Books, 2010).
4. Kisha M. Haye, Susan M. Swearer, Kelly Brey Love, and Rhonda K. Turner, “Reexamining Locus of Control and Aggression along the Bully/Victim Continuum” (research presented at the American Psychological Association, Toronto, Canada, 2003).
5. Thanks to Dr. Kristin Roush for sharing her wisdom and insights, http://www.movedandshaken.com/.
6. Society for Prevention Research, “Girls Who Are Bullied Are at Risk for Substance Use Through Depression,” ScienceDaily, January 19, 2011, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110119120539.htm.
7. National Association for Children of Alcoholics, “Children of Alcoholics: Important Facts,” http://www.nacoa.net/impfacts.htm.