Restructuring Family Power
1. Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Maté, Hold Onto Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers, rev. ed. (New York: Ballantine Books, 2006).
2. Linda Harrison, “Counterwill: Why Did I Never See It This Way Before?,” Linda’s Daily Living Skills (blog), March 1, 2012, http://www.lindasdailylivingskills.com/2012/03/counterwill-why-did-i-never-see-it-this.html.
3. Cameron French, “Spanking Kids Can Cause Long-Term Harm—Canada Study,” Reuters U.S. Edition, February 7, 2012, http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/canada-spanking-idUSL2E8D1F1C20120207.
4. Bonnie Rochman, “Hitting Your Kids Increases Their Risk of Mental Illness,” Time.com, July 2, 2012, http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/02/physical-punishment-increases-your-kids-risk-of-mental-illness/.
5. Jane Nelsen, quoted in “Parenting Without Punishment Campaign,” http://parentingwithoutpunishment.org/?page_id=2.
6. Constantinos M. Kokkinos and Georgia Panayioto, “Parental Discipline Practices and Locus of Control: Relationship to Bullying and Victimization Experiences of Elementary School Students,” Social Psychology of Education 10, no. 3 (September 2007): 281–301.
7. Kim John Payne, “Soul of Discipline: In the First Nine Years,” Simplicity Parenting, http://www.simplicityparenting.com/soul-of-discipline/.
8. Steve Andreas, Transforming Your Self: Becoming Who You Want to Be (Moab, UT: Real People Press, 2002).