Parenting for a Positive Present . . . and Future
1. Becky Eanes, “Skeptical About Positive Parenting?,” Positive Parenting (blog), January 31, 2012, http://www.positive-parents.org/2012/01/skeptical-about-positive-parenting.html.
2. Glennon Melton, Momastery (blog), Momastery.com.
3. Naomi Aldort, Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves (Bothell, WA: Book Publishers Network, 2005).
4. Julianne Idleman, “Parent-Child Connectedness Takes Us Beyond Emotional Intelligence,” Theparentscientist (blog), November 28, 2011, http://theparentscientist.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/parent-child-connectedness-takes-us-beyond-emotional-intelligence/.
5. In September 2012, Invest in Kids transferred ownership of “The Parenting Partnership” to the Phoenix Centre for Children and Families (http://phoenixpembroke.com/node/93).
6. Kenneth R. Ginsburg, the Committee on Communications, and the Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health, “The Importance of Play in Promoting Healthy Child Development and Maintaining Strong Parent-Child Bonds,” Pediatrics 119, no. 1 (Jan. 1, 2007): 182–91, http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/119/1/182.full.
7. Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell, Parenting from the Inside Out (New York: Tarcher/Penguin, 2004).
8. David Kerr, quoted in National Science Foundation, “Positive Parenting Can Have Lasting Impact for Generations,” U.S. News and World Report, September 4, 2009, http://www.usnews.com/science/articles/2009/09/04/positive-parenting-can-have-lasting-impact-for-generations.